Track my Progress- 166 interim goal

Weight Loss Blogs and Forums

Friday, January 29, 2010

Answerability

Ok, apparently I have a little trouble with will power and responsibility. I know I am overweight and in the past it has been easy for me to decide to diet, and then do it. I cannot seem to gear up the same determination this time. I have started and stopped within a day or two at the first sign of a challenge or what my body is telling me is hunger (or craving). Like I said, before it has always been I decided I would lose the weight and was singleminded on making it happen, but this time... not so much. So I am putting this out there- if I tell someone I am going to do this I am answerable for my promises, I am unable to deny that I need to do this. So here goes:

(Deep Breath)
My current weight: 186
My short term goal: 170
My long term goal: 150
This is me at Thanksgiving. I was thinking I looked okay, until I saw this shot:

Lets take a closer look: (do we have to?)Yup, that is me in my size 16 jeans, with backboobs that are at least a c cup.
I am taking this as a wake-up call. It is time to stop ignoring the obvious.
My instigation are these pictures, this feeling of unhealthiness and unsexiness, and my going from a large shirt to an extra large. My inspiration is knowing I will feel better both about my health and my relationship with people instead of food, getting back to exercise and taking time for me, and last but not least- the inspiration of the Incredible Shrinking Woman- If you haven't heard of her, go to Youtube and look her up. She has lost 200 pounds and is incredible! You go girl!
Now you would think that as someone who dances Israeli Folk Dance and chases four young children that it would be simple to lose weight. But to be honest, I dance hard at dance class and then sit on my butt everyday on the computer, doing homework and sewing, crafting, reading, playing on facebook and reading blogs. I used to go to the gym 4 days a week when I was working. My children would go in the gym daycare and I would do body jam (love and miss you body jam!). Now that I am not working I cannot go to the gym- so you would think I would exercise at home... not so much. There is much to be said for a partner that you meet at the gym- there is some accountability there (thank you Judy). Now I see Judy once a week at Israeli Folk Dance. I miss going for body jam and feeling like I am making an effort toward fitness.
So my audience (real or imagines- mostly imagined I know since I have 10 followers and as far as I know very few hits in the past few months (my fault since I didn't post much)) it is your job to hold me accountable- I am counting on you to give me strength and determination to follow through. I know it won't be fast- I know that I didn't gain it in 1 month and I am not going to lose it in one month-, but I will keep plugging away at a safe and healthy pace. I will update this blog with my progress, as well as other projects I am working on.

No comments: