Track my Progress- 166 interim goal

Weight Loss Blogs and Forums

Monday, February 16, 2009

I just have to brag!

My son Ari is going to be 4 in June. He is so talented- he drew this when he had just turned 3-

For those of you who are not family- you might not know that when Ari turned three he was inarticulate- he rarely said anything and he was very frustrated in trying to communicate. He had had a series of ear infections from 12mos old and had ear tubes put in at 18 mo- even after that his ears drained and drained and when we took him for his followup with his ENT he had 40% hearing loss. His dr gave him claritin and suddenly his ears started clearing up- by the time he hit 2 1/2 he had 100% hearing- he got it all back- but he wasn't talking.

When he was 2 1/2 I had twin girls- He liked to play independantly and I just thought it was that he was secure- but then when he turned 3 and wasn't talking I was worried- and I thought he might be autistic- he had neurologist appts and MRIs and even a geneology screening- and wouldn't you know it- completely normal. We put him in private speech therapy and since January 08 he had made huge strides. He was doing 48 piece puzzles at age 3. and then he drew the lion above. Isn't that impressive for a 3 yr old? I have tried to find an art program- but there are not any for age three. What is up with that? Ballet starts at 3- why not art?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

GREAT JOB ARI!!! That Lion is AWESOME!!!

Kris said...

Hey Teresa- what a great drawing that is! I like how you framed it as well. I enjoyed reading your story of what your little guy has been through. Wow, what a road.

Ori Pomerantz said...

I just showed this to Sally from speech therapy. She was very impressed!